Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Parents Had All The Cool Music

When this song came out, the most I could earn baby sitting was 5 dollars. I used to sort through the music for the evening and this Berlin album was in the pile. After I got the kids fed, bathed,cleaned up and tucked in with kisses goodnight and assurances that mom and dad would be home soon, (usually after 1 am) I would go to my mom's Pioneer stereo and on went the headphones. It took my 13 year old self to a world that made me feel super cool and helped me forget that my brother delivered the newspaper and made more money than me, (even though I worked longer and had a greater responsibility) Oh, to be 13 again...and, of course, at the time I was going to grow up and marry Tom Cruise. This song still has my heart. I always fantasized about someone looking at me exactly the way Maverick looks at Charlie....... *sigh*

 ...I was such a romantic kid...guess I stayed that way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment